Welcome to my Blog!

I am new to blogging but have been blog-stalking others for so long that I decided to make my own. Hopefully some other new mommies and preggo's can share advice and comments of their experiences with me as I go through this journey! I will share as candidly as possibly the up's and down's, excitement, worries, funnies, and anything else that happens during my pregnancy. I will also backtrack some and cover some of the highlights that have already happened- since I am now in the 6th month of my pregnancy, better late than never though!
I hope you enjoy reading my blog and please bear with me as I am still learning how to use this site.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

24 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant: Better now than never to start blogging, Dontcha think?

Where I'm At This Week!

How far along?
24 Weeks and 4 Days

Total Weight Gain: 23 Pounds-ish... that's an estimate seeing as how I refuse to weigh myself and let the doctor's office do that for me :)

Maternity Clothes? Oh Yeah! Since I am home a lot I mostly wear black yoga pants and a tank top or t-shirt.

Stretch Marks? Only 2 on each hip so far... I am sure that wont last much longer

Sleep? Other than waking up every hour to pee, I have been doing alright at falling back to sleep quickly... the first 20 weeks or so I was awake ALL night!

Best Moment This Week: Baby Daddy feeling our little girl kick for the first time!

Movement: She is a wiggler that's for sure! She kicks all morning then naps for the afternoon and is wiggly all evening! She really prefers the right side of my belly which is strange because I seem to be growing a little larger on the left side...
Anyone else grow a little asymmetrical?


Food Cravings: This week it has been chocolate, cupcakes, sweets, etc.... But really I think I crave anything I see that looks good on T.V.!

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: nope

Belly Button - In or Out? Just kinda weird and flat

What I miss: Being able to take medicine without crazy googling if it's OK... I have had a BAD, BAD cold this week!

What I am looking forward to: Getting all my projects done that I have planned for her room

Weekly Wisdom: Nada right now

Milestones: Baby Daddy can finally feel her! I could see her kick from the outside yesterday!


Here's what Baby Center has to say about being 24 Weeks Preg:
(My Comments are in Italics)

"How your baby's growing:Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and soon she'll start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.


How your life's changing:

In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball. Oh Yeah, There is definitely at LEAST a soccer ball in there!

Most women have a glucose screening test (also called a glucose challenge test or GCT) between now and 28 weeks- I have mine on Monday, wooo hooo. This test checks for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related high-blood-sugar condition. Untreated diabetes increases your risk of having a difficult vaginal delivery or needing a cesarean section because it causes your baby to grow too large, especially in his upper body. It also raises your baby's odds for other complications like low blood sugar right after birth. A positive result on your GCT doesn't mean you have gestational diabetes, but it does mean that you'll need to take the glucose tolerance test (GTT) to find out for sure.

Finally, if you don't already know how to spot the signs of preterm labor, now's the time to learn. Contact your caregiver immediately if you notice any of the signs mentioned below."

No comments:

Post a Comment